iPhone to Droid - Part Two



So it's been two days. I expected I'd miss my iPhone 4S more, but I don't. The Galaxy S4 seems to be fine. (I just realized this is a 4S to S4 transition…it's the little things that make me happy).

The first night with the new Droid was hard. I felt I was cheating on the iPhone. I like the Do Not Disturb feature on the iPhone, but the S4 has one, too. Blocking Mode on the Galaxy seems to work in a similar fashion, though not exactly so. I don't have it figured out yet, which might explain the lack of incoming phone calls. Then again - there isn't anyone to call me.

Unlike the commercials, Siri didn't come after me. I did hear a strange noise in the study during the night, but attribute that to the cats, not the sad little iPhone 4S still sitting on my desk. The iPhone still has 52% of its battery charge as of this morning.

The Droid sucks up juice like a toddler at the zoo. What's with all the updates? Probably because the phone is a year old. It updated ten apps - I thought about deleting them, but I cannot delete these; things with odd names such as AllShareCast Dongle S/W and Ant Radio things. The battery life dropped to 88% by the time it was finished. Well, updates are hard work.

The little drop-down notification screen told me I had a system update! Another update! This one took about twenty minutes, culminating with a small line of text that told me it was updating x of 135 apps.

I didn't know I had that many apps on the phone. I did install Candy Crush and Facebook. When I first started Candy Crush the Galaxy rebooted. The phone - not the real galaxy.

The battery life dropped to 62%.

I don't have the phone numbers of my children. I have their email addresses in my new Contacts folder, but all the numbers are missing - just like Darling's. You'd think I'd know their numbers, but I might need to wait until they call me. That could be a while, especially if the calls are blocked.

Also, I didn't bring any text messages over with me. I wonder if I can figure out how to do that? Otherwise the iPhone will remain my only repository of some important texts.

Oh, well. I won't worry about it right now. I'll just kick back and do some reading and listen to music.

Right. No Kindle on my new Galaxy. I'll have to take care of that.

Where's my music? AUGH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I cancelled The Bauman Letter

FBAR Scam, but not illegal

Mister BoJangles